|Visual and Performing Arts Events with Elizabeth Asche (Betty) Douglas
1) "Art of the State," the 2016 exhibition at the State Museum of
Pennsylvania, Harrisburg, PA. includes one of my works among the
123 chosen for the show. A pen & ink drawing from my Drawn to
Music series, an abstract expressionist piece done in response to the
'March to the Scaffold' movement fo Berlioz's Symphony Fantastique
will be on view until mid September.
2) The Scripture and the Arts exhibition at Wallace Memorial
Presbyterian Church, 1146 Green Tree Rd, Pittsburgh 15220 has the
theme Art as Sacredos this year. My painting, "Lift in Song," received
a Juror's Award. August 28 is the closing date for the show.
3) Art Advocacy Speaks: Art for Social Change included my painting
BRIDGE OF SIGHS in its exhibition at Pittsburgh's Spinning Plate
Gallery during September 2016.
4) I sang Andrae Crouch's "My Tribute"at the Anglican Incarnation
Church in Pittsburgh's Strip District on 7 August, and at the Gospel
Conferenc of the AME Church at Wayman Chapel in New Brighton on
5) The Betty Douglas & Co. Jazz Ensemble played for the opening of
the Mavuno Festival of African American Arts & Culture at Sweetwater
Center for the Arts during the Sewickley, PA Gallery Walk, 23 Sept.